About Me

My photo
Pune, Maharashtra, India
MBA-International Business, SIIB

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I am a bachelor and I am not a Terrorist



What has happened to our India...? Rather, what is happening to our India...? Whatever is happening around us is making us the witness knowingly or unknowingly... This suits you most if you are an IT professional... more if you have done an MBA and landed at a place most commonly referred to as STP/SEZ (See through people/ some economic zombie zone).   Places around these so called STP's are crowded with skyscrapers that are supposed to be residential complexes. I prefer to call them residential complexes for families, as most of these exhibit a board on the main gate saying   dogs are welcome... and you know who is not... (Bachelors). 

This started the day I woke up with a noisy bang on my apartment door. An appeasing Sunday morning, supposed to carry the hangover of last nights workouts, turned belligerent. The same neighbors who used to ask their children to shake hands with me and say 'Namaste', turned hostile to my being there. Not only me but all of those who hone the tag of being a bachelor were under   threat of being treated an outcast. So let us get back to the Sunday; 10 people aged between 35- eternity, standing at my apartment door. 

Before I tell you the story further, I have a few questions left unanswered… Let me try them with you… Why only some of the people are the torchbearers in our society..? Why are only a few who think that India is a land of culture (Culture definition not clear) and the culture needs to be preserved? Why isn’t technology an inherent part of this culture..? Why the same people, fighting for the so called culture are found to be the biggest deterrents to a nation’s development..? Why at an age of 27 I feel strangled at the hands of these naysayers to believe in my own culture..? Why do these people refer to us as being influenced by the western culture when their own lives have been impacted by the penetration of technology that took birth in the west? We want to develop at one hand, safeguard the culture and the economy on the other, but why do we want to carry over the burden of blindfolding beliefs that were never the part of our culture anyway…

So the Sunday morning with that bang on the door, I open it with about a handful of my friends lying on my apartment floor. Nearly 20 eyes were rolling on the outside to get a glimpse of what has happened on the inside overnight. To their surprise, every one of my friends were fast asleep not knowing the happenings on the outside. I am treated like a stranger and told that the “society” has forbidden bachelors to stay in the premises. But why..? Don’t I pay rents..? I didn’t go to anyone’s house and disturbed their sleep. This is rather a trend in all these zombie zones that the residential accommodation is offered to bachelors during the initial period and suddenly the welfare association decides to turn “family friendly”. So what am I supposed to do… get married… increase the rent… hunt for another house… but why…?? I leave the rest to you to decipher…

No comments:

Post a Comment